Common sense

A friend of mine was getting prepared for a figure competition and asked me to do a skinfold analysis to determine her body fat. Of course, I agreed to help her because she was very nice and an exceptional athlete. She was six weeks from the show. The body fat was fifteen percent which sent her into a mild panic. I told her not to worry that there was still time to get her into competition shape. She was only consuming twenty grams of carbohydrates per day to be in ketosis to burn fat. Many women were following a diet given to them by a trainer and promoter for the NPC at the local and state level.

As I wrote up a cardiovascular and nutrition program including the number of meals per day and macronutrient breakdown for each meal, I also explained that the body requires a certain amount of energy to burn fat efficiently and that ketones are a result of incomplete fat metabolism and sacrifices muscle looking for energy sources or creating them after being put in starvation mode. Common sense tells us starvation is not healthy. My friend started eating the carbohydrate count I suggested and could not tolerate it for two days. Not being able to process carbohydrates sounds extremely healthy.


I am certainly not responsible for this woman’s physique. She is an extremely gifted, talented, and motivated person. She would excel at anything she put her mind to, but she would tell you that I really know my stuff and helped her on the way. She accomplished a body fat between eight and nine percent, a chiseled physique, and a first-place finish. It is important to realize that burning fat most efficiently is accomplished at a specific target heart range and using the correct calorie count, percentages of macronutrients, and foods chosen. In my articles, I state this often because the ability to bring someone to a specific body fat can be very accurately calculated without muscle loss. TPN has a brand-new software tutorial video. View our demonstration at tpnbodyperfect.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foods for mental health

Diets

TPN questions 2